December 1, 2021
A Family Favorite That’s Oh So Good!
Pecan Nut Crunch Cookies
a.k.a. Potato Chip Cookes, these crunchy, buttery shortbreads have been with us all since childhood. Thanks Nan for sharing such a wonderful recipe, and thanks Mom for keeping the tradition alive for all of us every Christmas Eve. We absolutely love these!
5 from 1 vote
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup potato chips crushed, we usually use Lays Classic
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 2 cups flour all-purpose
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, using either a stand mixer or a hand held mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and blend, and then add the rest of the dry ingredients, and mix until thoroughly combined.The dough mixture will be on the drier side since there really isn't any liquid added. If it does seem too crumbly though, just add a little water by the half teaspoonful, and mix thoroughly to get a less crumbly consistency.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch diameter balls, and place them evenly spaced on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Put a couple of spoonfuls of granulated sugar on a small plate. Dip the flat bottom of a juice glass that has been dampened with water into the sugar, and press the sugar coated glass onto the top of the cookie to flatten it a bit. They should be about a half an inch thick and will look like shortbread.
- Bake on the center rack of your oven for 13 to 15 minutes until they are slightly tanned. They don't ever get really golden, so just a little tan should be good.
There are three cookies per serving. Enjoy!