March 1, 2022
Cardamom Rose Love Cookies
Inspired by the delightfully rosy and aromatic Persian Love Cake, these cookies will surely make your heart sing.
Servings 24 Cookies
Calories 163 kcal
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon rose water
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- zest of half a lemon
- zest of half an orange
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 cup pistachios chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup half and half
- Either in a bowl with hand held beaters, or in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the butter and powdered sugar on medium speed until it is smooth.
- Add the rose water, vanilla, lemon and orange zests, and blend thoroughly.
- Reduce the speed of the beaters or mixer and add the flour, black pepper, salt, cardamom, and pistachios, and mix until everything is combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Form the dough into a smooth ball, and then flatten it out into a 1 inch tall disk. Cover it in plastic wrap, and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Flour a large cutting board, and roll out the dough to around a quarter of an inch thickness. Using a 2 inch circular cookie cutter or a cookie cutter of your choice with a similar size, cut the cookies and place them evenly spaced over 2 parchment lined baking sheets, 12 cookies per sheet. Place trays in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the cookie trays from the fridge, and place them onto the two center racks in your preheated oven. Turning the sheets around and swapping the pans on each rack half way into the baking process, bake for 15 to 20 minutes total, until the edges are a nice golden brown.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack, and place them on top of the baking sheet they were just cooking on to cool completely.
- In a double boiler, pour about an inch or two of water into the base of the pot and bring to boil. Cover the pot with the bowl part of the double boiler, making sure the water is not directly touching the base of the bowl, and turn the heat down to medium. Put the white chocolate chips into the base of the bowl and pour the half and half over the top. As the chocolate begins to melt, stir it steadily with a wooden spoon. When most of the chocolate has melted, smooth it out with a wire whisk.
- Remove the double boiler from the heat, and transfer it to a trivet or heat proof board that has been placed next to your rack of cookies. Dunk the cookies into the chocolate half way, and smooth the chocolate evenly over the half with a small metal spreader. While the chocolate is still warm, garnish the cookies with rose petals, chopped pistachios, flaked salt, black pepper, and decorative multi colored sugar crystals.
Keyword cardamom, Pistachios, Rose Water, White Chocolate
Filed Under: Cookies And Bars, Dessert