Citrus Splash Gin Martini
Mixmaster Lou at it again making my head and heart swoon with delight from this hair curling tongue twisting mind bending libation. Snacking along with sipping this one is highly recommended. Note: It's totally worth coughing up the $21 and change for the Luxardo cherries. They are a versatile and relatively long lasting ingredient. Thanks for the introduction Annette. They are Thee original Maraschino Cherries after all, not those $1.99 fluorescent red orbs you get at the grocery. Don't get me wrong, those have their place for sure, like maybe on top of a Howard Johnson's banana split or something, but are they really even fruit? Hmm…curious.
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 sprigs mint
- a scoop of ice
- 4 fluid ounces gin
- 1 fluid ounce Cointreau
- 1 1/2 lemons juiced
- 1 teaspoon grenadine
- 2 bar spoonfuls of Luxardo Maraschino Cherry liquid
- 4 dashes Angostura Orange Bitters
- Muddle the sugar and mint together in the base of a shaker cup.
- Add the ice, gin, Cointreau, lemon juice, grenadine, maraschino cherry juice, bitters and cover with the other shaker cup, and shake it on up.
- Strain into a martini glass and plop a nice juicy cherry in to finish. That’s the splash part by the way.