Like A Warm Hug On A Cold Day
Creamy Fettuccine with Roasted Tomatoes and Butter
Quick, comforting, cozy, and delicious, here's one more way to utilize those earthy, rich, roasted tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup Roasted Cherry Tomatoes from this site
- 1/2 cup of the strained liquid from the Roasted Cherry Tomatoes from this site
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons anchovy extract aka Colatura di Alici di Cetara
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed Calabrian chili peppers
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese or cream cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano plus 2 tablespoons for serving
- 1/2 pound cooked fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons basil torn into pieces
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Heat a Dutch oven or large frying pan over medium high heat and add your previously cooked Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and their liquid, the butter, anchovy extract, halved cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, garlic, crushed Calabrian chili peppers and stir until combined.
- Add the mascarpone or cream cheese and 1/3 cup Parmigiana Reggiano and stir until smooth. Add your warm cooked pasta and swirl it around in the sauce and heat until everything is cooked through and glistening. Note: mascarpone will give you a lighter but creamy flavor that blends beautifully with the other ingredients. Cream cheese will be a more pronounced flavor and a little heavier tasting, but imo, equally as satisfying. It's whatever you have on hand.
- Remove the pan from the heat and divide the pasta and sauce between two bowls. Top with the remaining cheese, the torn basil leaves, and some crushed red pepper.