Could There Be A Better Flavor Combo?
Banana Bread with Walnuts and Chocolate Chips
Delicious, moist and very bananay!
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of butter 1 stick at room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown or mix of dark and light brown sugar
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 5 mashed bananas the browner the better
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Place oven rack in the bottom third of oven.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with butter, set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl, set aside.
- With a handheld or a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter with sugar on high speed until smooth.
- On medium speed, add eggs one at a time and blend thoroughly.
- Add mashed bananas and vanilla extract.
- Turn mixer down to low speed and add the dry ingredients in stages until combined thoroughly. Don’t over mix.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You can check half way through the baking process to make sure the bread isn’t getting too brown. If it is, lightly tent with foil.
- Remove from oven and let bread cool.
- Slice around edges of pan with a butter knife and turn pan upside down and pat the bottom to remove loaf. Place on wire rack to cool completely
- Banana bread can be covered and left on counter for a couple days, or you can place it covered in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- If you like, drizzle the loaf with a little chocolate ganache and sprinkle some chopped walnuts over the top.