Fragrant and Delicious
Lemony Blueberry Ricotta Muffins
These little nuggets are bright and light with lemony goodness. Perfect for a slightly sweetened breakfast treat or a tasty afternoon snack!
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients together thoroughly.
- In another bowl, mix all of the wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, being careful not to over mix.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Place 12 paper liners into the 12 cups of a muffin/cupcake pan, and fill them up 3/4 of the way with batter.
- Sprinkle sugar over the top of each.
- Bake on the middle rack for about 20 minutes. Stick a toothpick in the center of one of the muffins, and if it comes out clean, take those bad boys out!
- Cool muffins in their cups on a wire rack for about 15 minutes.