It’s Bubbly Time!
She's a classic and a keeper, offering up the perfect amount of delectable effervescence to celebrate any special occasion.
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 ounces dry sparkling wine, such as brut Champagne, chilled
- Using zester or paring knife, slice peel from lemon in long, thin spiral. Reserve lemon for another use and set peel aside.
- In cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup. Add ice and shake vigorously for 20 seconds.
- Strain into chilled Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
- Curl lemon peel around finger to create twist at least 6 inches long. Garnish drink with twist and serve immediately.