A Delicious Seaside Salad
Calamari Salad with Citrus Dressing
Refreshing with a ton of crunch, this salad makes the perfect lunch!
- 2 ears of corn leaves and silk removed
- 8 oz package defrosted frozen squid tubes and tentacles cleaned and tubes sliced into ¼ “ rings, tentacles sliced in half
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
- Juice of one orange
- Juice of one lemon
- Juice of one lime
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Serrano pepper seeded and minced
- 1 T drained capers
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup green onion sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 stalk celery sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- Bring a large stock pot filled with water to a boil. Place shucked ears of corn into the water and boil for 7 minutes. Remove corn from water with tongs and set aside.
- Put the water-filled pot that you boiled the corn in over high heat, and bring it back to a boil.
- Add thawed, cleaned and sliced calamari to boiling water and cook for 3 to 4 minutes to desired doneness, then strain into an ice bath. Cool completely and drain thoroughly.
- Place cooked squid in a bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients and pour over squid. Let marinade in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Put arugula and prepared vegetables on platter. Shave the corn kernels off of the cobb and sprinkle the chunks of kernels over the rest of the vegetables.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the squid from the dressing, and place it over the top of the vegetables.
- Pour the remaining dressing into a bottle so people can add to their salad if they wish.
- Refrigerate leftover dressing for up to one week.