Tastes Like Vacation
Zippy and refreshing, this ceviche is a huge hit at every summertime gathering.
- 1 1/2 pounds super fresh halibut chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Persian cucumber diced
- 2 tomatillos diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 Serrano chilis halved, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 3 avocados peeled, pitted, and diced
- 20 Castelvetrano olives pitted and sliced
- 2 T capers
- 1/2 cup cilantro roughly chopped
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- Cut fish into 1/2 inch cubes and place in a bowl. Cover with lime juice and sprinkle with salt.
- Tossing occasionally, let the fish marinate in the lime juice and salt for at least 30 minutes or until edges of fish turn opaque.
- Place all other ingredients in another bowl, and mix gently. Set aside.
- When the fish is done marinating, add the rest of the ingredients to the fish bowl. Toss to combine.
- Serve with tortilla and plantain chips.