Enjoy A Sweet Southern Treat From Your Very Own Kitchen
Luscious Key Lime Pie
Creamy, tart, sweet, and with a fabulous graham cracker crunch, you’d better make two of these because one is just not enough!
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cans sweetened, condensed milk 14 ounces each
- 1 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 heaping cup of sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using a food processor, finely grind the graham crackers. Pour the crumbs into a bowl.
- Measure out the sugar, and pour it into the bowl with the crumbs.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a pan on the stove top. Pour the butter over the crumbs and sugar, and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into a 9 inch glass pie plate, and press down firmly and evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes. Then remove from the oven, and set on top of a wire rack to cool.
- Raise the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In another bowl, combine the condensed milk, key lime juice, sour cream, and lime zest thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the cooled pie crust, and bake for 7 minutes, being careful not to brown the top.
- Remove the pie from the oven, and let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- When the pie is cool, place it in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Serve as is or with a dollop of whipped cream on top.