Nothing But Good Vibes And Vibrant Tastes
Ahi Tuna Poke
An adaptation of several heavenly traditional Hawaiian poke recipes, we added just a little bit of Yondu Vegetable Umami, which keeping true to its name, really gives this dish that extra punch. Absolutely love this stuff!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce preferably seasoned soy sauce for soup
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Yondu Vegetable Umami
- 1/2 lime zested and juiced
- 1 pound ahi tuna sushi grade, cubed
- 1/8 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/8 cup sweet white onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallion sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 large, semi firm avocado cubed
- In a small bowl, whisk up all of the ingredients from soy sauce to lime juice, and set aside.
- Place the cubed ahi in a medium sized bowl, and add the onions, scallions, cilantro, and avocado.
- Pour the sauce over the top of the mixture, and blend gently and briefly, making sure you don't break up the avocado too much.
- Cover, and place in the fridge to chill for about an hour.
- Serve with sides like Serrano Red Cabbage Slaw from this site, coconut black rice, seaweed salad, tortilla chips, plantain chips, and seaweed snack sheets. And garnish with minced red onion, minced red cabbage, chopped cilantro, Maldon Salt Flakes, and chili sambal. Or, however you like it!