Breakfast of Champions or a Fabulous Any Time of Day Snack
Nothing quite as gratifying when breaking your fast as this combo of crunchy, creamy nuttiness.
- 2 slices sourdough baguette cut on the diagonal about a quarter inch thick
- 1/2 an avocado
- squeeze of lime juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon red onion minced
- couple of sprigs of cilantro
- Nasturtium blossom petals
- Toast your bread.
- Cut an avocado in half. Put one half in the fridge for later, and scoop out the flesh of the other half, and divide it between your 2 slices of toast. Break it up a little bit with a fork. You want it to stay pretty chunky though.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the top of each toast, and finish with salt, pepper, flax meal, pistachios, onions, and cilantro.
- Top with Nasturtium blossoms if you have any. They look pretty, smell heavenly, and have a pleasant peppery taste.