An Invigorating Combination To Enliven Your Tastebuds
Whether it's enjoyed simply with a bowl of chips or as an accompaniment to tacos, fajitas, or enchiladas, this rendition will make you feel very happy and refreshed inside.
For the Guacamole
- 3 cups cubed avocado I used 2 large, but you could use 4 small
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons red onion
- 3 tablespoons green onion
- 1 large Roma tomato seeded and chopped, about 3/4 cup
- 1/2 Serrano pepper seeded and minced
- 1/2 Fresno chili seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted salted pepitas
- 1 tablespoon chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Place cubed avocado into a large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients through to the black pepper on top of the avocado, and smash with a potato masher, leaving the mixture on the chunkier side.
- Garnish with pepitas, tomatoes, and cilantro.
- Note: If you don't have both limes and lemons, or both red and green onions, or both Serrano peppers and Fresno chilis on hand, just use whichever you have. The different flavors between citrus juices, onions, and peppers just add another dimension, but totally not necessary for the enjoyment of the dish.