It Will Perk You Up!
Kicked Up Corn and Tomato Salad
Zippy and refreshing, this salad is perfect for those warm summer days. Or actually any time you can get fresh corn.
- 3 ears corn cooked and cut off of the cob
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/8 cup scallions sliced on the diagonal
- 1/8 cup red onion sliced and then quartered
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Serrano pepper seeded and sliced thinly width wise
- 1/8 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place prepped corn, tomatoes, scallions, red onion, cilantro, and Serrano pepper in a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the lime juice, rice wine vinegar, and olive oil together.
- Pour dressing over the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss to combine.