Once You Bring This Dish The First Time, You’ll Be Expected To Bring It Forever After
Mom’s Greek Tortellini Salad
This crave worthy crowd pleaser has been passed around to family and friends for years, and once you’ve tried it, it will be your go to for every summertime picnic and potluck to come. People ask for this recipe all the time, so thanks for sharing it Mom!
- 20 ounce package of fresh refrigerated cheese filled tortellini like Buitoni Three Cheese Tortellini
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup feta cheese broken into small chunks
- 1/2 cup red onions sliced
- 6 large hard boiled eggs peeled and quartered or sliced
- Bring 2 quarts of salted water to boil in a large pot over high heat. Add tortellini and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender but not mushy. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, parsley, oregano, and salt. Add to cooked tortellini and mix thoroughly to coat. Cover and chill at least 2 hours or up to 1 day, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach, feta cheese and onions just before serving and toss gently. Mound salad on a platter and arrange egg quarters or slices over the top.
- Sometimes I make an extra batch of the dressing and serve it on the side. The pasta tends to soak it up pretty quickly. Besides it's just a delicious vinaigrette to serve with all sorts of other salads too.