How ‘Bout A Lil’ Special Sauce With That?
Sour Cream and Yogurt Herb Sauce
This versatile sauce adds a rich and vibrant element when served with the likes of fish cakes or smoked salmon. It livens up chicken and even egg dishes like frittata or quiche, and is basically great over anything that would benefit from a little dollop of herbaceous, spicy creaminess.
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup chives minced
- 1/4 cup mixed fresh herbs chopped, such as dill, tarragon, mint, cilantro, basil
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1 Thai chili pepper minced
- 1/2 tablespoon capers minced
- 1 teaspoon caper juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch of celery salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together. Chill for at least half hour so flavors meld a little bit.