A Rich and Flavor-Packed Vegetarian Dish
Roasted Bell Peppers with Burrata, Tomato, and Olives
This colorful vegetable dish works as a perfect summertime side salad or you can double up for a hardy, flavorful main course like we did here.
- 4 large bell peppers red, orange, yellow or green, seeded and halved
- 4 anchovy fillets torn in half
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves gently torn
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 T plus 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces Burrata cheese torn into 8 pieces
- 8 Kalamata olives halved
- 8 Castelvetrano olives halved
- 1 T capers
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 T fresh basil leaves gently torn
- Finishing salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a shallow baking dish with parchment paper, and place the 8 pepper halves on top, skin side down.
- Top the peppers with anchovies and garlic.
- Measure 1/4 cup of the torn basil leaves, and scatter them on top of the peppers. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with 2 T olive oil.
- Bake peppers for 35 to 40 minutes until they are tender and slightly charred around the edges. Remove from oven when done, and set aside to cool.
- Place remaining 3/4 cup of basil into a blender with the remaining 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil and blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Arrange peppers on a serving platter. Top with torn Burrata cheese, tomato halves, olive halves, capers, a sprinkling of lemon zest and torn basil leaves, and a drizzle of basil oil. Finish off with salt and freshly ground pepper.