A Healthy, Happy-Making Salad
Serrano Red Cabbage Slaw
A colorful, super healthy salad with a hugely satisfying crunch!
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1/2 cup red onion sliced vertically
- 2 Serrano peppers halved, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Make the dressing by combining the lime juice, maple syrup, and olive oil in a large bowl. Whisk until thoroughly blended, and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Shred the red cabbage, green cabbage, and carrot either in a food processor with the shredding attachment or by hand with a box shredder. Place in the bowl with the dressing.
- Slice the onion vertically into thin strips. Place in the bowl with the dressing.
- Cut Serranos in half length-wise, seed them, then slice thinly width-wise. Place in the bowl with the dressing.
- Chop cilantro finely. Place in the bowl with the dressing.
- Toss the salad until thoroughly combined.
- Taste to check for proper seasoning.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour.